As a courtesy to our patients, Progressive Physical Therapy, Inc. will file all insurance plans on your behalf. Below is the procedure we follow from the time we get your insurance card until you receive a statement from us. Please note that the faster we receive your insurance information, the quicker we can inform you of your benefits. In some cases, it is necessary for us to ask for your assistance in obtaining information from your insurance carrier.
- Once the Patient Services Coordinator receives your insurance information, she or he will call the insurance company to verify your benefits and will inform you as soon as possible. It is very important that with workers' compensation or motor vehicle accidents, that we receive a copy of your health insurance card as a back-up in case the previous insurance reaches its maximum payment or is denied.
- Insurance claims are filed a couple of times each week. Sometimes more often (usually on Mondays and Wednesdays)! If you attend therapy for a period of 3 weeks, you should have a minimum of 3 claims sent to your insurance carrier.
- Within 3 to 4 weeks, we should receive a remittance advice (sometimes called "explanation of benefits") and payment from your insurance carrier. This tells us how to apply the payments and adjustments to your account. Adjustments result from contracts we have with the insurance companies.
- If you have a secondary insurance, we will then file your claim with that insurance provided we have been given all required information.
- If there is no secondary insurance to file, we will transfer the balance to your responsibility and you will receive a statement sometime during the first week of the month. (Statements are sent out on a monthly basis until the account is paid in full.)
- If you have a co-payment, that amount is due at the time of service. If you have a deductible and coinsurance (i.e. 20% due from you and 80% due from your insurance), we would like you to make those payments each visit.
- Should you have special circumstances or need a payment plan, please contact our billing department.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to ask us at any time.